Red Silicone Gasket Maker is a fantastic RTV silicone rubber sealant, which can be used to replace felt, rubber, cork, paper and asbestos gaskets. Makes instant gaskets on valve covers, water pumps, oil pans, rear-end covers, thermostats, outlets, timing gear covers and whatever else needs a durable, watertight, leak-proof seal. It's acetoxy-curing, permanently flexible and can withstand low and high temperatures ranging from -60°C to +300°C.
This GlueDevil RTV RED Silicone aims to provide you with a silicone that:
- Will not shrink or crack upon curing, thus making it an excellent gasket maker.
- Will resist heat up to 250°C with continuous exposure.
- Will resist heat up to 300°C with short term exposure.
- Will remain flexible at temperatures as low as -60°C.
- Will be suitable for use indoors or outdoors.
- Will have excellent adhesion.
- Will not sag over time.
- Will resist abrasions.
- Will have good resistance to oil, transmission fluid, water and anti-freeze mixtures.
- Will not be affected by soap, household detergents, alkali's, alcohols or dilute acids.
Applications & Uses
Ideal for applications where gaskets are exposed to high temperatures, such as automotive, plant pipes, housing gaskets, form-in-place gaskets, chimney construction, heaters and installation of ovens.
Not suitable for cylinder head gaskets or for parts permanently exposed to fuel. This product should not be used to replace composite head gaskets, specifically where tolerances are predetermined and are critical to engine performance. Not suitable for some metals such as galvanised iron, lead, mild steel, brass, copper, zinc or tin as it may cause corrosion.This product releases acetic acid during the curing process, therefore it's not suitable to use on alkaline surfaces such as fibrous cement, concrete, asbestos, plaster or to come in contact with the following surfaces like marble, granite or any other natural stone as it may cause discolouration on the surfaces. It should also not be used at the back of mirrors as it will de-silver the mirror-backing. It is advisable to wear gloves whilst applying this silicone as it contains acetic acid which can irritate the skin and eyes. Not suitable for certain plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene or Teflon. Cannot paint over this silicone. This silicone is unsuitable for fish-tanks.
- 90ml Tube blister-packed
- Boxed 310ml Cartridge