Bath Silicone Sealant is a fully waterproof and mildew-resistant RTV WHITE silicone, which is perfect for use in and around the bathroom or kitchen. It provides a permanently flexible silicone rubber seal, which is durable, watertight and can withstand low and high temperatures ranging from -55°C to +180°C.
This GlueDevil RTV Bath Silicone aims to provide you with a silicone that:
- Will be perfect for sanitary applications due to its excellent MOULD & MILDEW RESISTANCE.
- Will not shrink, crack or discolour (turn yellow) upon curing.
- Will remain flexible at temperatures as low as -55°C.
- Will resist heat up to 180°C.
- Will be suitable for use indoors or outdoors.
- Will have excellent adhesion.
- Will not sag over time.
- Will resist abrasions.
- Will not be affected by soap, household detergents, alkalis, alcohols or dilute acids.
Applications & Uses
Excellent for sealing joints, gaps and cracks in and around baths, basins, sinks and toilets. Can be used for replacing loose tiles and repair leaky plumbing. It adheres well to glass, tiles, ceramics, painted or varnished surfaces, metal and most plastics.
Not suitable for use as a gasket maker. Do not use on lead, copper, zinc, galvanised iron or tin. This product releases acetic acid during the curing process, therefore it's not suitable to use on alkaline surfaces such as fibrous cement, concrete, asbestos, plaster or to come in contact with the following surfaces like marble, granite or any other natural stone as it may cause discolouration on the surfaces. It should also not be used at the back of mirrors as it will de-silver the mirror-backing. Not suitable for certain plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene or Teflon. It is advisable to wear gloves whilst applying this silicone as it contains acetic acid which can irritate the skin and eyes. Cannot paint over this silicone. As this silicone contains fungicides, it is unsuitable for fish-tanks.
- 90ml Tube blister-packed or boxed
- 260ml or 280ml Cartridge